7 July 2007

P365 Jul06: Macros & portraits

I have a bumper blog entry for you today!

Our friends Darren and Colin visited last night for dinner. Darren is also a photographer, and we had a lot of fun taking photos together, starting with some macro shots, then taking photos of everyone. Nomi had a go at processing some of the pics too, and liked some of them as black and whites. I agree and think they work pretty well like that!

I think I've managed to get contrasty photos using the coloured gels for dramatic effect out of my system. My big challenge now is to find a way to effectively use the light I have, along with the gels, to take great portrait photos that don't look like a kid playing with a new toy :)

Btw, one of the images from tonight is the source for my new profile pic in the right column. Nomi didn't like the old one cos I wasn't smiling and that didn't look like me. I guess I do smile a lot hehe :)








No comments: